By David Lee | Oct 29, 2018
Here are easy ways to ask customers to review your social media pages.
There is a dedicated page for reviews, once there, the customer can select to review the page.
It’ll say something like “Do you recommend [Company]? YES | NO”
This one is a little tricky. There are two ways you can do this.
Create a link from a Google Search:
- On your Desktop, Google your Company Name.
- NOTE: This is assuming your company has been registered via Google My Business. https://www.google.com/business/
- A card on the right side should show up and a button should be there to review. Click on the Review Button
- A popup with review options will show up. Copy this link. Done!
Create the link using PlaceID Lookup Tool
- Go to https://support.google.com/business/answer/7035772?hl=en and there is a tool at the bottom.
- Enter in your business name and select your business with the correct address location
- On the map, click on your location if it doesn’t show up.
- Copy the Place ID Code. Example: ChIJxVFJylfDJIgRo9ii5sRpiGE
- Place the Place ID Code to the end of the url. https://search.google.com/local/writereview?placeid=<place_id>
Yelp has some of the strictest review guidelines.
- Don’t ask customers, mailing list subscribers, friends, family, or anyone else to review your business.
- Don’t ask your staff to compete to collect reviews.
- Don’t run surveys that ask for reviews from customers reporting positive experiences.
- Don’t ever offer freebies, discounts, or payment in exchange for reviews — it will turn off savvy consumers, and may also be illegal. Yelp has a Consumer Alerts program to let people know about businesses that engage in this sort of activity. For the same reason, you also shouldn’t offer incentives for users to remove reviews.
I know… it sucks.
What you can / should do:
- Put the Yelp badge on your site
- Social Media Sharing by posting “Check us out in Yelp”
- Put Yelp badge at your business location
Here’s a template you can use to send out to your customers.
Thank you for your recent business. We really appreciate your business, support and feedback, and truly value you as a customer.
We would love to hear your feedback, and I would be incredibly grateful if you could take a couple of minutes to write a quick Google review for us. This will allow us to improve our service and let others recognize the value we provide.
To submit your review, simply click the link below and let us know what you think.
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It really means a lot to us. Your feedback is highly appreciated and important to us. We look forward to reading your comments.