By admin.dsm | Oct 2, 2018
I met someone at LA Fitness today full of passion. He had so much positive energy and passion in what he wanted to do, I just couldn’t help but share my own passion for my business. I hear about how important having passion in running a business and I would extend that to life. I sure don’t want to live like as a zombie. So what exactly is passion?
According to Dictionary.com:
- any powerful or compelling emotion or feeling, as love or hate.
- strong amorous feeling or desire; love; ardor.
- strong sexual desire; lust.
- an instance or experience of strong love or sexual desire.
- a person toward whom one feels strong love or sexual desire.
- a strong or extravagant fondness, enthusiasm, or desire for anything
- the object of such a fondness or desire: Accuracy became a passion with him.
- an outburst of strong emotion or feeling:
- violent anger.
- the state of being acted upon or affected by something external, especially something alien to one’s nature or one’s customary behavior (contrasted with action).
- (often initial capital letter) Theology.
- the sufferings of Christ on the cross or His sufferings subsequent to the Last Supper.
- the narrative of Christ’s sufferings as recorded in the Gospels.
- Archaic. the sufferings of a martyr.
For having and finding passion as a business owner we can safely take the sexual and the religion out. What’s left is the emotions and desire. Now we are getting somewhere! Let me share how I harness the emotions and desire to drive the business forward.
Focus on SMART goals
I’ve seen so many people that is working day by day without any goals. Or they say something more generic, such as, earning more money. What is needed are SMART goals. These goals have a much higher chance of being achieved.
What are SMART goals?
- Agreed upon
Listen to your heart
Are there signs that this is not the right path? Is it hard to wake up in the morning (I’m not talking about staying up late watching those Netflix shows)?
There were points in my business that I wasn’t sure if I was headed in the right direction. One of my challenges was trying to do too many things. Like they say, jack of all trades, master of none. Because of doing that, I started losing sight of what I was doing. Rather than losing passion on the business, I listened to my heart and did what felt right but rather difficult. I started doing fewer services.
Share the wins and goals
Let others know the great things the company is doing and let that positive energy be the fuel for your passion. I love sharing the amazing things my team is doing and hearing the positive feedback from our clients.
Also, reach out and let people know what your goals are. Don’t be afraid. I’ve like sharing my goals of creating a big positive impact in the community. Every time I share it, I feel as though I am solidifying my purpose and gaining more passion in what I’m doing.
My viewpoint has been the glass being half full instead of half empty. Think of ways to improve. Even if it feels like rock bottom there will always be tomorrow and the sun will rise from the east. I’ve had bad days where nothing seems to go right. Projects falling behind, staff is sick, errors on a website, etc. During this time is when I have to be extra vigilant and stay positive because it will get better!